What is a Virtual Assistant (VA)?
A Virtual Assistant (VA) is a self-employed office professional who works from their own remote office to provide a range of business support services, using technology, such as internet, phone and email to communicate with their clients. VAs provide the services of onsite secretarial / administration staff without the added expense.
What are the benefits of working with a Virtual Assistant (VA)?
Working with a Virtual Assistant (VA) can be beneficial for your business.
The benefits include:
- VAs work from their own office, so no need to allocate office space or purchase equipment.
- No need to pay superannuation, annual, personal or sick leave or payroll tax.
- VAs only charge for the hours worked. You don’t have to pay for non-productive time, coffee breaks, lunch breaks or socialising.
- A VA is a skilled professional with extensive office experience, so there is no training or recruiting costs.
- A VA is a business owner who takes pride in their work and guarantees quality.
- Support is provided on an “as needed” basis, for a one off task, as-required, or on an on-going basis.
- Work with the same person every time (unlike temp agencies).
- A VA is available outside normal business hours.
What is the difference between a Virtual Assistant (VA) and a temp?
- Temporary (temp) employees are just that, temporary. You may get a different temp each time you require work done. Whereas a VA on the other hand, is available on an ongoing basis and can be called upon at short notice.
- VAs take a vested interest in the success of their clients and their businesses. VAs believe that the absolute best job will not only help their own reputation but will also help to build the client’s business, with the hope of generating themselves more work. A temp, however, may look at the assignment as just a means of padding their resume or getting paid.
- VAs have many years of experience in the workforce, which allows them to provide a wide range of services. Temps may have little or no ‘on the job’ experience.
- Although a VAs rate may seem higher, when you take in to consideration that you don’t have to provide office space or equipment, or pay the minimum 4 hours that a temp agency would usually charge, a VA is more cost effective.
- VAs charge for actual time worked, whereas a temp is paid for the time worked, and any time they sit idle waiting for more work.
- A temp has loyalty to the agency they are contracted through, a VA is usually an entrepreneur and works with and for the client.
What is your standard turn-around time?
Standard turn-around time is approximately 24-72 hours from when the job request and all information/materials to complete the job are received. This is only an estimate as turn-around time depends on a number of factors, including the size and complexity of the job and Wynyard Business Solution’s availability. A more accurate esimate will be provided on receipt of your job request.
What if I need my work completed urgently?
Please advise us of your deadlines when you contact us, so we can determine whether we can meet them for you. Projects required within tight timeframes may incur additional charges.
What are your rates?
We are a value-based business, so we will tailor a package to suit your needs. Contact us to discuss your requirements. All our rates are in Australian dollars.
Is there a minimum charge for work completed?
Yes. A minimum of one (1) hour will be charged for all jobs, and then in 15-minute increments thereafter.
What are your payment terms?
Payment terms are strictly seven (7) days from receipt of invoice, unless agreed upon prior to commencement. An upfront deposit may be required for large projects, or one-off jobs.
How do I pay your invoices?
Preferred payment is by direct deposit or money order. Direct deposit details will be included on Wynyard Business Solutions’ invoices.